LAST UPDATED 11/4/17
Hello there Game Creator / Designer / Developer, my name is Clay and I am the host and owner of Terminally Nerdy. I assume you found this page because you were looking for someone to review your game or tabletop supplement. Perhaps you saw this link on Twitter or found it through random searching.
Regardless of how you got here, welcome! I have a couple of rules / requirements that you need to understand before I will review or consider your work.
I am willing to review a few things. Below you will find exact requirements, as well as a list of things I will NOT review.
Tabletop Core Rulebooks / Systems
Originally I was not going to consider core rulebooks or new systems, however I have gotten enough requests from publishers that I have changed this. However, you need to understand a few things about this.
- I will want a physical copy of the book OR an epub/mobi format. I WILL NOT TAKE PDF CORE RULEBOOKS ANY FURTHER. I hate dealing with PDF as a format for rulebooks. Its not really user friendly due to size. Yes, I am aware this is a limiting factor.
- Be aware that a review of an entire core system will take me a while. I will read the book (yes, the whole thing) and most likely test things like character creation, and even possibly run a test game of it with my Patrons / Friends. As such, these reviews gets pushed to the back of my queue, but are ahead of anything I personally purchase for review.
As long as you are willing to deal with these two issues, I am willing to read and review your system.
Tabletop RPG Supplements:
I will consider looking at and reviewing the following:
- Class Books
- Adventures or Dungeons
- Supplements that add weapons/armor/monsters/ect
- Campaign Settings (a personal favorite)
- Other Products (minis, maps, terrain, dice, dice boxes, ect)
Now, to make things more specific, I am only willing to review thing for systems I am familiar with, as that is only fair to the creator. Here are the systems I am willing to work with:
- System Neutral (designed to work with anything)
- Open Legend
- Savage Worlds
- Dungeons and Dragons (2nd Ed, 3rd Ed, 4th Ed, 5th Ed)
- D20 based
- Storyteller Based (Whitewolf / Onyx Path)
I will update this list as I become more familiar with new systems.
As a note, I generally prefer physical products as tabletop gamers are physical people, but I am willing to take PDFs if that is all you have. I understand that it can be hard for indie creators to afford sending physical items at times.
Also if you have a Kickstarter product that you want reviewed please contact me at the info below so we can discuss it.
I will consider reviewing video games on a case by case basis now. Please be aware I am very picky. I will promise that I will play your game for at least 20 hours. I will generally only be interested in games that are playable solo, and are considered RPGs / have a story focus.
THINGS I WILL NOT REVIEW PERIOD
As a note there are a few things I will not, under any circumstances, consider for review.
- Podcasts: I do not have time to listen to podcasts. I am always working on something or spending time with my wife.
- Actual Play Streams / Shows: See podcasts. Same thing. I do not have time to watch and listen to these.
- Comics: Sorry but I have found I am not really a fan of the story form in comics. I like my stories self contained, or at least have resolution, and single comic issues do not have this.
Contact Info / What I offer
What I will do is then read your work, and then create EITHER a blog post (for PDF products) OR video review (for Physical Products / Video Games). Please be aware that I am an honest reviewer. I will not sugar coat my like OR my dislike, but at the same time I will go in-depth and explain what I do enjoy, what I don’t enjoy, and why. For a better idea please go check out my channel to see how I do my reviews.
If you wish for me to look at your product please submit a query email to “cbsa82” AT “terminallynerdy” DOTCOM. Include any relevant information that might catch my fancy and I will contact you within 48 business hours. You can also DM me on twitter as well, @cbsa82, as my DMs are open.
So there you have it. Thanks for reading and remember, STAY NERDY!
For a Current List of my Review Queue please VISIT HERE